Friday, September 23, 2011

Flamboyan




I've a real thing at the moment for the designs of Stephen West. Stephen's shawls are simple but designed so that the shawl stays on your shoulders. I wore Flamboyan all day at work last Saturday and didn't find myself having to hitch it back up onto my shoulder as I do with many shawls.

And yes I did say work. I'm back working in public libraries again. Seems strange being at the other end of the work ladder, having been a branch librarian, but also good. I'm learning to enjoy the moment rather than having to worry about the future. That's someone else's problem :).

The yarns used are Skein BFL Sock in Dolce and Colinette Jitterbug in Velvet Plum and worked on 4mm needles.

I should have a few more Stephen West shawls to show of in a week or two as I finish them.

There will also be a new pattern Visceral, as soon as I translate my notes. No mean feat at times.

Keep smiling :-)

No comments: